Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 19

Well, hello again.

It's only Day 19 and I've really made progress, guys, I'm really proud of myself. I really started in on the robotics website and I've almost finished the first page. It's taken a lot of tweaking and Googling and refreshing, but it's finally almost done. And all in one day too! I'd say, for someone building a web page from scratch, that's pretty good, especially for not having ever done so. I found a really cool navigation theme...thing... while browsing /r/web_design today. I posted the progress (when I was about half-way done) on our team's Facebook page earlier today. They seem to like it. It's a whole lot cleaner, but I still have to figure out some better colours.

I'm using tables, is that a bad thing? I've heard a lot about how people shouldn't use tables. "DON'T USE TABLES" they say. It seems to organize my content quite nicely. I guess I'm just not as advanced as they are. Or maybe they're just table haters. Either way, I'm using tables until I find a better way to arrange content.

I'll upload the pic(s) of the home page at the end of this post, I think it's looking pretty great. I might post the code up here some time, even. I'm really getting the hang of practical applications of HTML and CSS.

I guess that's it for now. Will update soon with the rest of the progress. I also need to get started on my own personal/portfolio website.

Until next time, happy coding.




No comments:

Post a Comment