Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 8

Okay, so I know it's been a few days, but I'm working SUPER hard. I've decided to focus mostly on website design for now (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and JQuery), and then once I get that well under my belt I'll return to Ruby and learn Ruby on Rails or maybe I'll use my Python knowledge and use Django or something. A few days ago I got a Macbook Pro from a friend so I've been using this to do all my programming. Speaking of which, just two days ago I spent about four hours and did 100 lessons on Codecademy's HTML/CSS track. It's going really quite well.

I've set up a business plan for freelancing/starting my own web design business. I've got prices and everything set up, I'm just working on my portfolio. First, I've got to finish redoing my school's robotics website. It's some weird stuff, since we use a website building...well, site to make it and we just drag-and-drop the elements and type in text or upload pictures or whatever. One of my classmates saw me working on it in class and asked me about it after class. Apparently he works for Blue Beacon International doing some programming and also he's doing their website. I might have to try and recruit him to help me do this so I don't have the entire load of the website on my shoulders. I've got to get it up and running before kick-off (January 4, 2014).

In the end, all things going well. I'll have an update in the next few days. Happy coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment