Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 11

Well, it's day 11 and things are going well. I finished the Codecademy track on Web Fundamentals. I even got quite a bit of work done on the Robotics website, and I've started to design my own portfolio/personal website. I think I'm actually getting the hang of it. I also started into the JavaScript track on Codecademy so I can make websites more interactive!
I'm pretty excited. Can you tell?
I also got the new iPod Touch (5th gen) to go with my Macbook. I also got it because the Zune Marketplace is now officially offline and that pretty much means the Zune is useless now. So I had to make the switch to Apple. It's actually not bad. The camera's great with 1080p and the equalizer is set to Bass Booster so the bass is amazing.
If you're wondering what the point of that little aside was: Music helps me program. It keeps me focused, especially if it's instrumental because the lyrics are a little distracting sometimes. So I'm going to download a bit of wonderful orchestra pieces and listen to those. See? Perfectly reasonable to bring up in a blog post.
The iPod was half an early Christmas present too. My girlfriend wanted to buy it for me, but that's a lot of money so I told her either I get to pay half (at least) or I'm getting it myself. So she agreed to the half. I was going to get a 64GB but the 32 was a little over $300 so I decided that was enough.
So that's it for now, I'm just working on building my portfolio and stuff. There's a copy/graphic design store in town and I might ask them if they want to hire me to do web design. Work out some sort of a deal or something. I'm looking forward to it!

Happy coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment